Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Stop. Loss.

Hey Bitches!

Stop. Loss.












Last week, we lost three big time 70s icons -- Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett and ...the ultimate curveball .. the gloved one, Sir Michael Jackson. Talk about a trilogy of terror. I think I speak for us all when I say...Holy Shit. Capitalized.  The more that comes out about the state of his existence at the time of his passing, well...it hardly sounds like any kind of life at all.  And what's fucked up is the truth about the monstrosities he'd been accused of may very well right die with him. We'll see. Personally, I'm in shock. He's gone but with all the hub-bub, he still feels very much alive to me. Probably will for a while to come.











This latest celebri-exodus has me thinking about how their passing effects us mere mortals and why. When characters that are larger than life end their lives, we do more than remember their contributions to our lives, no matter how great or miniscule. Their departures invariably serve as a marker in time --a day that we'll always remember. Who could forget where they were when Elvis Presley or Princess Diana died? I was in my parents bedroom taking in the former, holed up in my friend Alex's apartment for the latter. 

Unless you're trapped under something heavy at the time, most of us experience a vivid recollection of where we were when we got the news that a major celeb passed away. It forces us to take a gander around, examine the current contents of our lives, reflect and perhaps even genuflect upon who's around us -- even if it's on a subway platform. I guess that's the good that comes out of such loss, right? 

The X in Sexy

Perez Hilton reports Peter David's X-Factor, 45 - a best-selling X-Men related title - goes where no D.C. or Marvel Comic has gone before: man-on-man action between Rictor and Shatterstar!

Though their relationship has been hinted at throughout the series, the panel confirms their deeper feelings, and David says, "No, it’s not a fake out. A number of people seem to be concerned that Star is still under Cortex’s control. Or that Rictor is going to freak out the next panel and say, 'Dude, what the hell?' That would be cheap. I don’t do cheap. Okay, sometimes I do, but not this time. I’m not interested in having people say, 'Peter David introduced this and then chickened out.' 

No pussying around for that guy! Literally!

Michael Jackson Fan Bitch Slapped!


"Sometimes it happens, especially when you've had a little too much to drink."

Thanks to my sweeties at Fart On Tits!

Ask A Hag Supreme!
Want to know how to snag a good gay? Cruise on over to Out About Brooklyn and read my monthly column!

That's it for now babies. Happy, happy 4th!

With all my love,
xoxo
A. H. S.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

More like a Bitch-flick than a Bitch-slap!