Thursday, June 08, 2006

Thank Heaven for Little Girls

Hey Y'all,

Sorry this week's installment was so late - Blogger gave me tons of shit and hence delays have ensued and my fonts are all outta whack. So let's get to it:


Shiloh's Cute Dammit



What a lil' hottie. This confirms to the world at large that Brad and Angie do indeed shit gold bricks. I can't believe the world glazed over the fact that they didn't even trust Namibian doctors enough to deliver this kid and imported their own from LA.

But whoa! I do believe this is the first time in history that her mom's been captured on film looking not-so-hottie:

Dazed and Confused


Those familar piles of luggage gathered around her eyes indicates that she might actually have been waking up to feed this child and thus has absolutely no idea where she is.
Welcome Angie, welcome.

C-Sections
Lots of my pals have had c-sections and I know it's no picnic. But you can't tell me EVERY Hollywood bitch to give birth has "breech presentation." Angelina, Mira, Gwen and Rachel Weisz - all in the span of five days? Give me a fucking break.
That's like saying Lindsey Lohan gets hospitalized for "exhaustion."


TV

The Apprentice
Loved Lee but the best man won - 'nuff said. You just know he's finally gotten Tammy to fuck him too. And judging by the look on her face during the show, he wasn't half bad.

Rescue Me
Drunks. Fights. Sex. Blood. Death. Drugs. Statuatory Rape. Alzheimers. Cigarettes. Swearing. Susan Sarandon. Believe it or not people, you can get all this and more on a weekly basis without shelling out for HBO.

This show is simultaneously the funniest and saddest on television. After the very first episode aired a few seasons ago, I was among the first to shout about its greatness from the rooftops, and not just 'cos I'm from Boston and proud of my people. This show just keeps getting better and better. I can't believe Babe from All My Children got herself a small floozy part - score girl!! And Tatum O'Neal plays an excellent drunk dominatrix.

This week gave me new respect for Denis Leary's old man reflexes because in that last fight scene, where he nearly pummels his brother to death for sleeping with his soon-to-be-ex-bitch wife just a month after their kid died, I don't believe I've seen a 15 year old leap across a table to kick the shit out of someone with such incredible agility.

My only concern is, they better not be parading a non-stop guest list of famous folks across the storyline this season as a decoy while the show sneaks off and jumps the shark, like Will & Grace did. Something tells me Denis would never let that happen (he's worked too hard all his career), and it's got a few amazing seasons left. Here's hoping....


Politics
Senate Blocks Same Sex Marriage Ban
YEAH! I can't wait to be a bridesmaid!
http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/06/07/same.sex.marriage/index.html

Laugh of the Week

My friend Carol Ann sent this to me yesterday and it was so amusing, I just had to share. Talk about a dance down memory lane...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMH0bHeiRNg

Hope you all are up to some serious fun this weekend. Brad and I have a rare night out coming up and I am beside myself with joy at the thought of dating my own husband.

Have a beautiful weekend!!

xx
MC

3 comments:

toby said...

LoHo was exhausted, I swear. Where's the Jake update? Is he still in the city??

Momma Comma said...

Jake remains at large, at least in my neck of the woods!

But I did see Luke Perry this am! Check it:
www.gawker.com/stalker

Kathy said...

Makes the fest of us poor slobs look just like ...well poor slobs